Part of my Master’s Program in Organization Development’s (MSOD) design includes me creating and sharing a portfolio of my work documenting my “development and accomplishments as an OD Practitioner”. I’m pleased to share highlights of my learning with you and have organized it according to the program’s engaging curriculum. For each pair of related courses, I’m sharing a selection of links to several different items:
- Assignments: Papers or projects I turned in either as an individual or working together on a team.
- Drawings/Journal: Throughout the program, I used drawing as a medium to synthesize key theories and readings (I’m a visual and kinesthetic learner). I also journaled throughout the program and am including some sample pages.
- Assessments: For each session, we developed our own personal awareness by going through using various tools that I link to.
- Reflection Papers: After each session, I reflected on my learnings and shared how my own point of view as an Organization Development practitioner expanded.
- Blogs: Throughout the program, I blogged about my learnings. I also maintained my applied my learnings directly with my consulting clients and blogged about these experiences.
- Articles: These appeared in the Graziadio Voice, a publication featuring the work of students at Pepperdine’s Business School.
- Photos: I uploaded photos from our sessions and consulting projects into albums.
Foundations & Orientation to Organization Development Individual Development & Change in Organizations (Pajaro Dunes, CA Fall 2012)
- Assignments: Journey to OD, Reading Reflections
- Drawings/Journal: Three Marriages, Your Brain at Work, Journal
- Assessment: Whole Person Assessment (Developing a Complexity Mindset)
- Reflection Paper: Self As Instrument
- Blogs: Graduate School Here I Come!, Celebrating/Mapping my 100+ Clients!
- Photos: Pajaro
Foundations of Organization Theory & Consulting Small Systems Assessment & Change (Laguna Beach, CA Spring 2013)
- Assignments: Kurt Lewin Overview, Learning Group Formation Proposal, Consulting Frameworks, Organizational Analysis, Boys and Girls Club Presentation
- Drawings/Journal: Field Theory, Journal
- Assessment: FIRO B Instrument
- Reflection Paper: Consulting Skills Implementation
- Blogs: Pablove Retreat, LA Walks Retreat, Los Feliz Improvement Association Retreat
Foundations of Culture & Globalization OD Practitioner as Global Citizen (Lyon, France, Summer 2013)
- Assignments: Cohort Culture Report, Culture Comparison, Appreciative Inquiry Presentation, Appreciative Inquiry Toolkit, Environmental Scan
- Drawings/Journal: Organizations as Political Systems, as Cultures, Intercultural Negotiating, Learning Journal, Journal
- Assessment: Cultural Intelligence, Organizational Cultural Assessment Instrument
- Reflection Papers: Milam Cross Cultural Model, Leadership Styles
- Article: Learning Organization Development with a French Accent
- Blogs: Trevor Project Advance
- Photos: France
Foundations of Large Systems International OD & Large Scale Change (San Jose, Costa Rica, Fall 2013)
- Assignments: Patagonia Case Study, OD & Complexity Theory
- Drawings/Journal: Transformational Change, Learning Journal, Journal
- Assessment: Insights Discovery Personal Profile
- Reflection Paper: Shared Leadership
- Article: Learning & Leading Large-Scale Organizational Change
- Blogs: Facilitation and Values in Complex Environments, Appreciative Team Building
- Photos: Costa Rica
Foundations of Collaboration Transorganization Systems & Strategies (Beijing & Jinan, China Winter, 2014)
- Assignments: Price of Inequality Presentation, China Consulting Project
- Drawings/Journal: Leadership Capabilities, Learning Journal, Journal
- Assessment: Strength Deployment Inventory
- Reflection Papers: Trans-Organization Development
- Blogs: Mapping My Network, Elevating my Practice with New Methods
- Consulting Project: NGO Leadership Workshop in Shandong Province
- Photos: China
Future Forms of Organization (Pajaro Dunes, CA, Spring, 2014)
- Drawings/Assignments/Journal/Reflection Papers: In process
- Blogs: Organization Development Reading List
Action Research and Evaluation in Organization Development THESIS: Manager Influence on Collaboration. (2012-14)
- Thesis: Manager Influence on Collaborative Change Initiatives
- Blogs: 29 Collaborative Change Initiatives in Southern California, Collaborating for Sustainability in SoCal
- Serving Collaborative Clients: Little Green Fingers, Building Healthy Communities Long Beach, NorthEast Los Angeles Riverfront Collaborativet, A Collaboration Exploring Culture Change