In 2011, I’m pleased to report:
- I served 32 organizations as a consultant, the most organizations I have ever served in a year! (11 returning clients and 21 new clients – see the full list at the end of this post).
- I facilitated 35 retreats or meetings
- I led 25 trainings attended by over 800 people
Here’s what some clients said they valued about my consulting:
- “Ron is passionate about his work and about establishing relationships with his clients. He listens and strives to find best possible intersection for his skills and needs of the client.” John Malpede, LA Poverty Department
- “Ron’s ability to provide feedback, measure success and his ability to bring a new and fresh approach to “tried and true” strategies, making them relevant to his training and coaching style.” Evelin Montes, Liberty Hill Foundation
- “Ron clearly did not work with us with a “cookie cutter” perspective, but tailored his consulting to fit our agency and our specific needs.” Val Parker, Power 4 Youth
I’m pleased to say 100% of my clients who have worked with other consultants described the quality of my work as “exceptional” or “above average”.
Here’s what some of my clients said they were able to accomplish with my help:
- Ron helped us determine our priorities for future growth, identify potential advisory board members, and better understand where each individual member would like to see the group go.” Jessica Cowley, Hollywood Community Studio
- “We were better able to prioritize where board members spend their time” Jim Bonar, Clifford Beers Housing
- “Created a strategic planning document for the incoming board term” Asuka Hisa, Museum Educators of Southern California
- “Had a good retreat in dealing with complicated issues” Bob Gottlieb, THE Impact Project
By building their capacity and leadership, the organizations I served continued to make a positive impact in Southern California, including winning campaigns to transform Los Angeles into a sustainable city, providing affordable housing, developing community gardens, educating museum attendees, engaging the community, developing livable streets, fighting for environmental justice and inspiring healthy, active lifestyles.
As I worked to build the capacity of my clients, I also grew my own capacity to serve by bringing on four more Associates. I enjoyed the opportunity to practice my own leadership skills and greatly appreciated the many ways in which all of my Associates help me serve my clients. I also shared more on twitter and created a facebook page for my consulting practice (if you’ve read this far, please click this link to like my facebook page).
I continue to love my work, which gives me the opportunity to collaborate with inspiring leaders working on a variety of issues related to urban sustainability throughout Southern California. I’m grateful for all of the passion and energy these leaders put in towards making their mission reality.
Having now served 70 different organizations over the last six years, my goal is to serve 100. If I’m going to reach that goal in 2012, which would be awesome, I would need to serve 30 new organizations. If you or anyone you know works for an organization that needs an outside facilitator, trainer and/or coach to help strategic planning, board development and/or fundraising, please contact me. Thanks.
|Groups I FACILITATED meetings/retreats for:||Focus Area|
|Alta Planning and Design||Community Engagement|
|American Diabetes Association||Strategic Planning|
|Beverly Vermont Community Land Trust||Strategic Planning|
|City Fabrick||Strategic Planning|
|City Hall Fellows||Strategic Planning|
|Clifford Beers Housing||Strategic Planning|
|Green LA Coalition||Campaign Planning|
|Hollywood Community Studio||Strategic Plannnig|
|LA County Bicycle Coalition||Campaign Planning|
|LA Poverty Department||Strategic Planning|
|LA River Revitalization Corporation||Community Engagement|
|Museum Educators of SoCal||Strategic Planning|
|Ryan Synder Associates||Community Engagement|
|Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition||Strategic Planning|
|SOAR Charter School||Fundraising|
|THE Impact Project||Strategic Planning|
|Groups I led TRAININGS/COACHED:|
|Alliance for Biking and Walking||Campaign Planning|
|Asthma and Allergy Foundation||Fundraising|
|Boys and Girls Club of Long Beach||Team Building|
|East Yard Communities for Environmental Justice||Board Development|
|LA Arts Council||Budgeting|
|Power 4 Youth||Board Development|
|Liberty Hill Foundation||Board Development|
|Groups I led ASSESSMENTS for (all members of the Long Beach Nonprofit Partnership)|
|Algalita Marine Research Foundation||Fundraising|
|CA Aquatic Therapy||Fundraising|
|Families Helping Families||Fundraising|
|Harbor Interfaith Center||Fundraising|
|LB Community Action Partnership||Fundraising|